Monday, April 18, 2011

I'm trying not to cave in ...

I was doing okay until I saw the added bonus of the extra 25% off sale on the HAED website. I was really glad when it ended yesterday. To stop myself from buying I sent emails to my children reminding them that it will be Mother's Day next month and that there is currently a sale on. So, I'm hoping they get the hint. They are normally very good at taking direct advice.

Oh my goodness, being proactive really does work. My daughter said to me, "Mum you know how you asked us to buy those cross stitch patterns? What is the name of that other place where you get all the bits from? Woohoo, Mothers Day this year is definitely shaping up to something wonderful.

I also made a new start, it is called "Rose's Friend" and I have really enjoyed working on this so far. It is mostly background that I am working, so it's a nice change from all the intense confetti in my other projects, making them seem more interesting rather than a chore.

Until next time, happy stitching

No comments:

Post a Comment