Friday, April 29, 2011

I survived, and made a new start ....

I've reached the end of the month. Woohoo!! I survived the NO BUY challenge that I set myself. It was really difficult, so many beautiful new releases came out and my fingers were itching to make them a part of my stash.

This is my latest new start. It's called Roses Friend by Molly Harrison and charted by Heaven and Earth designs. I saw this and immediately thought of my Aunt. She was also my Godmother and I was her "Namesake". She passed away 17 years ago and this is the first time I have come across a design that reminded me of her so much.  So I am making this in her honor, much missed and loved by me and my family. This is my progress on her so far. I am stitching the background, and finding it really therapeutic, because not as much concentration is required.

I'm ending this month by working on QS Curl Up with a Good Book. It had been a nightmare for me until I restarted on 18ct and it seems to be working out for me.

Okay, so, from what I achieved last month, I am really glad that I did do a rethink on my rotation. I feel so much happier about the progress that I have made with all my projects and I've been able to decide which projects are a priority and give them the time that is needed to get them finished quicker. Last but definitely not the least I would like to thank you for taking the time to read my musings. I appreciate all your comments.

Until next time, happy stitching

1 comment:

  1. wooo hooo happy dance you did it :) and love that little fairy as well :) and well done on de stressing and prioritising what you need to do and get done etc .. it helps very much and you don't get as bogged down with them all :) looking forward to seeing all the progress you make :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete