Saturday, September 5, 2009

Been there, done that…

Well so much progress was made last month. I can’t believe how much of my “To Do” list I actually got done. I surprised myself, when going through it all and began crossing off items and eventually I got to the end of the list and everything had been crossed off. Yeehaa!!!

I know that my list looks a bit, shall I say “Over the Top”, “Too much information” maybe, but, for me to get anything done, I really need to break it down like this or I will get nowhere. Honestly!!!

I have so many projects that I have started and I get maybe the first couple of blocks together, or three quarters of the top made and I hit a speed hump, (like shifting house, and everything is so difficult to locate because even though boxes were labeled and inventories taken of said boxes, everything is still 85% in storage and I am unable to carry on, don’t you just hate that, I do), anyway, I digress, once the speed hump has approached all I can think about is the next project. How it's going to look, what colours it will have, and then "If I start it now, maybe I will get this project finished because I have lost interest in the one I am already working on".

So am I the only own that this happens to? Would you believe I already I have 12 projects that I have started within the last 12 months. These are all packed up in boxes and I work through a mini project on the more important projects at least once every month. But, I also have 4 projects that I have only just begun to receive as BOM projects and I would so love to have begun all 4 projects, like, last week.

I am currently keeping the urge in check. But as a self confessed quilt project beginner. I also feel that I may need help in keeping my urges under control. So that I may be able to concentrate on completing projects rather that just starting them.

Until next time, happy stitching

No comments:

Post a Comment