Saturday, March 13, 2010

I found it...

Well, after all the head scratching and hair pulling I am back working on a project again. Sad to say not an old one, but a brand new project. It is a block of the month project that has been waiting to be loved, it has a lot of applique along with piecing and I started with block 7, because I liked it but then realised that maybe that wasn’t the right way to go. So back to block one.

I really love needleturn applique, but as time goes by you are always looking for an easier way to do things, and I happened to be a follower of the Inklingo blog, and Linda has a method for applique called back basting applique. Well, at first, it was a teeth gritter, two appliques later, the jaw tension slackened, four pieces later, I LOVE IT.



Most needleturn applique I have persisted with in my own time, meaning that it takes that much longer, therefore explaining all those unfinished projects, but this method is working up so quickly, it really is enjoyable. Sew, sew, sew go my little fingers….


Until next time, happy stitching

No comments:

Post a Comment