Monday, November 23, 2009

Where oh where have I been ...

I have been on hiatus. Well, that is my story and I am sticking to it. It doesn't sound very nice to say well I just couldn't be bothered or something along those lines.

While I have been away I have rediscovered a few passions in my life. I am back cross stitching again and getting really involved in it this time around. I always used to think that cross stitch seemed to produce very little for such a lot of effort. But, because I do so much hand quilting, my cross stitch seems to go so much faster. I really can't believe the amount that can be produced in just a few hours. The "bug" returned due to an excursion to my local needlework store for some thread for a quilt, I found a "quick project" while standing at the counter, and brought that too. When I got home I was in two minds about quilting, so I thought, I would really like something to work on, so I opened up the quick project and went to work.

Two weeks later this is what I have.

But while working on this project I also felt it was about time I got a long forgotten project out of the way. It is a picture of rosebuds, but at first glance it is really deceiving, it looks like a cross picture. But, as I have had to point out to more than one person, look closer, they are actually little tiny mosaic tiles. It is called "Pixel Hobby", and the possibilities with it are really endless.


But my foray into that has ended for a while because I have so many other projects calling out to me from different places in my house. So its back to paying attention elsewhere.

Until next time, happy stitching

No comments:

Post a Comment