Thursday, April 22, 2010

I'm late for a very important date...

Well, the winter sports season is well and truly under way, and we all know what that means. More time for stitching. I have one quilt that I pieced and appliqued two winter seasons ago, it has it’s batting and backing and is waiting for me to decide it is cool enough for quilting. But before that can happen I still have to finish my daughters quilt for her 21st birthday.

Her birthday actually came and went back in February. She knew that it wasn’t going to be finished, no matter how had I pushed it. Anyway, she said to me, “Look Mum, I know that you can only work on my quilt, when you are feeling good, so it doesn’t matter if it’s not ready on time. I know I will get it one day. Probably because her brothers don’t like pink.” I thought that was really wonderful of her to say something like that. Sob, sob…
So before anything else can be quilted, THE BIRTHDAY QUILT takes priority.

Until next time, happy stitching

No comments:

Post a Comment